** EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2021 - EXACT CASH AMOUNTS ARE REQUIRED - $50 for a new permit, $25 for a renewal **
If you are a Dickinson County resident and interested in obtaining your concealed carry permit, please follow these steps:
- Find and complete a certification course by searching Iowa Concealed Carry Online. Once completed, print your certificate.
- Make a photo copy of the front side of your Drivers License.
- Complete the Application for Iowa Permit to Carry Weapons
- The cost is $50.00 - cash (exact amount required, no change will be made) or check (make the check payable to the Dickinson County Sheriff's Office)
- Mail or drop off the above listed items to the Sheriff's Office.
- Mailing Address: Dickinson County Sheriff's Office, PO Box 214, Spirit Lake, IA 51360
- Drop off at the Dickinson County Courthouse using the white drop box by the west entrance of the building
If you have any questions, please call the Sheriff's Office at 712-336-2793.
What Does Iowa's new Weapon Permit Law HF756 mean for you? (Effective 7/1/2021)